Docked in the artsy tourist town of Laguna Beach in coastal Orange County, midway between Los Angeles and San Diego, Gold Boat Journeys (Live Write Travel Explore) is the kind of creative venture that Californians are known for. When I wrote my business plan, hired a logo designer and started developing the Ship’s Log (blog, aka slog) and website in March 2012, I still couldn’t see where the voyage would lead. One year and many false starts later I have a clearer idea. Inspired by my memory of the little Iron Age boat I saw on a solo writing trip to Ireland, my dream become an ongoing lesson in patience, flexibility, determination, dedication and humility. It’s never easy to picture where you want to go. It’s even more difficult to stay the course. Here’s how Gold Boat Journeys can help you set sail:
- Consulting Services: Travel, arts and nature writing; content development, research and strategy (from blogs to digital newsletters); editing and writing for member publications; content curation for profiles; social media profile development; training in using social media for community building and professional development; personal branding and strategy; personalized coaching and training for small groups and individuals; and Kickstarter campaign development.
- Unplugged Workshops: Because time is a finite resource that can be easily wasted online, I advocate focusing on goals and ideas generated by creative brainstorming and writing exercises using good, old-fashioned notebooks, pens and pencils. Mind’s Eye Marketing training helps professionals find focus and direction by learning to communicate important messages and raise their companies’ online visibility with carefully chosen words and images. Founded on the premise that anyone who writes is a writer, Om of Writing sessions focus on generating new work in supportive, non-judgemental groups. Contact me for more information.
- Packaged Trips: I’m pleased to announce my new role as a “Glomad” (Global Nomad) for OutTrippin.com. You can purchase Locally Sourced Laguna Beach: Active Culture in the OC through their website. Two additional trips, Portlandia and Beyond: Wild and Urban Oregon Adventure and Dublin Uncensored: Bicycles, Brews and Bloomsday are in the works, with many more on the way.
— Gold Boat Journeys (@littlegoldboat) April 29, 2013
- Personalized Travel Planning: If you’re craving a trip filled with cultural discovery, active adventure and relaxation but have no time to plan it, we can tailor an itinerary to your schedule, interests and abilities and save you money in the process. For more about our travel-planning philosophy, visit our Trips & Tours page.
- Professional Package for College Grads: This practical gift features a professional head shot session with Laguna Beach photographer Mary Hurlbut and two hours of training in using Twitter and LinkedIn for professional development. Contact me for more information.
- Gold Boat Gifts: Gold boat earrings, “boat books” and other nautically inspired treasures will soon be available online.
I look forward to working with you in Gold Boat’s second year.
Ellen Girardeau Kempler Chief Navigator & Founder
Where do you want to go? Picture it & set sail.